3380Re: [bmw e28] 533 accident update

  • andrew graham
    Mar 8, 2005
      i know someone who wants to sell his 533i for around 500...... has arround 150,000 i believe and no computer good transmission and whatever..... this is in vallejo......so if you would like i could give the guy a call for you.... you would have to drive down here to see it......the car is not drivable becuase there is no ECU....my # is 707 704 8527... give me a cal if you want to set up an appointment with him.... -andrew

      KK P <bigdogsfman@...> wrote:
      Well Group,

      Here's the latest on that November wreck.
      Turns out that the transmission was not damaged.
      A broken drive shaft was the problem.
      After that was repaired and my black beauty came out
      of the body shop, oil began spilling out of the
      engine.
      I always had an oil leak.
      One quart every 400 hundred miles.
      Now my mechanic wants to put in a rebuilt engine.
      Or rebuild my old one.
      The costs are the same, $3000 US
      (More than the car is worth, according to my insurance
      company)
      My engine has over 200,000 miles on it.

      Should I put in another 533 or go to the 535 engine?

      People say I should just junk the car and buy
      something else.

      I love my ride.
      It's in excellent condition, no rust.

      Does anyone have any comments?