3381Re: [bmw e28] 525e Air Con Blows!

  • Ron Adams
    Mar 8, 2005
      hi Andy maybe its not the AC but the outside air vent coming in? My car also has the strange characteristic of when the heat is on, the two round vents on top the dash to the far left and far right blow hot, but the middle one underneath the window blows cold even when the heat is on. How long have you had the car? the middle "slider" controls outside air flow, and if you slide it to the right it lets outside air in, but if you slide it to the left it recycles(heats) the inside air. sounds basic but some people who are new don't know this.

      Ron

      andyexup <andyexup@...> wrote:

      --- In bmwe28@..., Ron Adams <landmanron@p...> wrote:
      > might try checking the thermostat, maybe the engine is not gettig
      hot enough to allow hotter fluids into the heater core. that is
      what happened with mine.

      Ron
      Pretty sure the engines getting hot, temp gauge climbs fine and the
      heater blows hot air, it's just the cold draught from these 2 bottom
      vents! And even then, wouldn't be a problem if it didn't blow
      straight onto my knee!
      It's the 2 vents at bottom of the dash console, facing the gear
      shift and blowing into the cabin, I think there must be some kind of
      flap inside which isn't shutting and was hoping for some one to have
      an easy fix!:-).

      Thanks
      AndyB
      > andyexup <andyexup@m...> wrote:
      >
      > Hi everyone,
      >
      > Got a '86 525e with factory air con (very rare in the UK!),
      trouble
      > is, it blows cold all the time!
      > It has 2 vents just above the gear console (think it's a cubbyhole
      > on non-air cars), this blows cold, even when the heater is on. Any
      > ideas, or do I have to stick some tank tape over the vents? Got to
      > stop it somehow, it's giving me a stiff knee!
      >
      > Thanks
      > AndyB

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Service.