3387Re: [bmw e28] 525e Air Con Blows!

  • andyexup
    Mar 9, 2005
      Hi Ron,
      The recycle flap seems to be working, at least I can hear it moving,
      heater blows lots of very hot air, it's just this draught!
      Had a closer look and there's a twin fan blower in the center
      console, this spins when the air con is on and it's from here that
      the draught comes. I guess there's a flap not shutting somewhere and
      it's letting by this fan (even though it's not turning), the draught
      increases as the fan is turned up.
      I'm not going to strip the dash out to fix it, summer will be here
      soon!

      Andy
      --- In bmwe28@..., Ron Adams <landmanron@p...> wrote:
      > hi Andy maybe its not the AC but the outside air vent coming in?
      My car also has the strange characteristic of when the heat is on,
      the two round vents on top the dash to the far left and far right
      blow hot, but the middle one underneath the window blows cold even
      when the heat is on. How long have you had the car? the
      middle "slider" controls outside air flow, and if you slide it to
      the right it lets outside air in, but if you slide it to the left it
      recycles(heats) the inside air. sounds basic but some people who
      are new don't know this.

      > Ron
      >
      > andyexup <andyexup@m...> wrote:
      >
      > --- In bmwe28@..., Ron Adams <landmanron@p...> wrote:
      > > might try checking the thermostat, maybe the engine is not
      gettig
      > hot enough to allow hotter fluids into the heater core. that is
      > what happened with mine.
      > >
      > Ron
      > Pretty sure the engines getting hot, temp gauge climbs fine and
      the
      > heater blows hot air, it's just the cold draught from these 2
      bottom
      > vents! And even then, wouldn't be a problem if it didn't blow
      > straight onto my knee!
      > It's the 2 vents at bottom of the dash console, facing the gear
      > shift and blowing into the cabin, I think there must be some kind
      of
      > flap inside which isn't shutting and was hoping for some one to
      have
      > an easy fix!:-).
      >
      > Thanks
      > AndyB
      > > andyexup <andyexup@m...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi everyone,
      > >
      > > Got a '86 525e with factory air con (very rare in the UK!),
      > trouble
      > > is, it blows cold all the time!
      > > It has 2 vents just above the gear console (think it's a
      cubbyhole
      > > on non-air cars), this blows cold, even when the heater is on.
      Any
      > > ideas, or do I have to stick some tank tape over the vents? Got
      > > stop it somehow, it's giving me a stiff knee!
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > > AndyB

      > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      > Service.