3389Power Window failure?

  • Larry R.
    Mar 9, 2005
      Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 14:35:50 -0800 (PST)
      From: andrew graham <thelast_graham@...>
      Subject: e28 power windows

      why would the power windows stop working??? fuse?
      switch? motor? they were working yesterday now
      NONE of them are working please help.... also....
      where is the timeing belt and how often should i
      shange it......i really dont want welded
      pistons..... -andrew

      I will of course make a simple suggestion in case you
      may have overlooked it.

      Check the "Window kill switch" that all BMW cars come
      standard with. When new, they show an image of a
      window on it and some had a mark thriough the window.

      I have bumped an elbow on mine once or twice and
      pushed that switch.

      Might be as simple as that.

      Not sure of any fuses, check your owner's manual for
      the list of fuses.

      Larry