3429Re: [bmw e28] "Brake Lining" light

  • alan poulton
    Mar 17, 2005
      check the circuit out,you will find it ends up in the
      printed circuit board of the instrument panel,and
      becomes electronic.I have the same fault and suspect
      it to be a solid state component failure,and a costly
      repair,I just ignore it and do regular visuals,
      aap.
      --- Blake Nancarrow <blaken@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      Trevor Sanders wrote:

      >My e28 does this also i do not know why? And all my
      brake parts are new so i just ignore it.

      When installing the new brake pads, were the brake
      lining sensors
      installed? There are 2, opposite corners, I think
      front-left and
      back-right. If the sensors are not replaced or are
      disconnected, the
      dash "low" lining light illuminates. Some people short
      circuit the
      sensor wires in the wheel well; some remove the bulb
      from the instrument
      cluster.

      I have no sensors and I replaced all the bulbs in my
      IC so the lining
      indicator burns continuously. But I also regularly
      inspect my brake pads
      so I know to ignore the light...

      cheers,
      Blake

      84 E28 528e sapphire blue, shocks, sway bars, K&N
      air filter, limited-slip, steel brake lines, new
      starter, cool starter button just like an S2000!
      84 E28 528e rusty brown, pushing up daisies
      88 E30 M3 diamond black, steel brake lines,
      performance pads and rotors, Raven DTM exhaust,
      loaner starter motor, Willz.ca S14 stock motor

      Terms of Service.