3465Re: [bmw e28] 83 533i Undo-California Emissions ?

  • Matt Meade
    Mar 21, 2005
      I have heard that if you remove the cat, you actually lose some performance because it creates needed backpressure.

      Ron Kall <ronjkall@...> wrote:what would you undo? I knew that some earlier
      cars had AIR, but what are the steps to undo
      on the CA smog and what is the potential gain
      in terms of MPG or HP?

      --- alotawatts <ALOTAWATTS@...> wrote:

      > RE: 1983 533i automatic
      > Anyone know if there are major differences in the
      > intake and exhaust
      > system components on 83 5 series California cars
      > that would make de-
      > smogging them unjustifiable cost and/or effort wise
      > ?
      > Thanks
      > Carl

      Ron Kall