3488Re: [bmw e28] tune up

  • Ron Kall
    Mar 30, 2005
      i run bosch platinums. I changed my plugs,
      wires, cap, and rotor. she runs like a champ.
      i did not have a big performance gain from the
      above, but i was doing pre-cautionary ca smog
      check stuff. i was test only and did not want
      to fail. she passed with flying colors - 1985 535i
      with 168k miles.

      in your case i would suspect maybe original wires?
      i have never cleaned my injectors and use cheap gas,
      but they say ventil sauber is the best at cleaning
      the injectors.

      --- doowaka1 <doowaka@...> wrote:

      > greetings:
      >
      > just finished performing a "minor" tune up on my '87
      > 535is. changed
      > the plugs, distributor cap and rotor. the car was
      > running bosch
      > platinums and i changed them w/bosch silvers. the
      > distributor cap and
      > rotor are bosch as well. the idle is still a little
      > rough, however,
      > i'm told that this is a common charateristic w/these
      > cars. i thought
      > my accelleration would improve, but it still seems
      > to bog a bit a low
      > rpm's. perhaps the fuel injectors need to be cleaned
      > as well. anyone
      > know of a good over the counter product to clean
      > injectors? any other
      > reason that the pick up is kind of slow? thanks for
      > reading.

      Ron Kall
      Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730

      1986 528e