3496Re: [bmw e28] Steering Box Growling from PS pump / Donut shape filter

  • Gil Thereault
    Apr 1, 2005
      Hello, I was about to consider doing the same thing after rebuilding the PS pump. There was a growling sound coming from the PS Pump and it continued after the rebuild. I got on the digest here two years ago and was advised that there was filter for the pump. I was unaware of that and there is no mention in the Bentley manual. Well there is a donut shape filter at the very bottom of the PS fluid canister and after replacing it solved the problem. If this helps you great, if not continue what you are doing.

      Gil

      86 535i 188k