3571Re: [bmw e28] Need assistance with Overheating

  • scott Newe
    May 3, 2005
      Hey Chris

      Right now it�s just the gauge is saying it�s over
      heating. It�s always in the red. I am not losing any
      Coolant. I installed a new sensor and that didn�t fix
      the problem. So I installed an aftermarket sensor and
      gauge and removed my thermostat and if I let the car
      idel for 5 minutes it says it puts the gauge in the
      red. I have opened the bleeder screw for 5 minutes
      and let the car run while putting more coolant in and
      all that comes out of there is liquid.

      When I did the spark plugs for my tune up they were in
      normal condition.

      I have a brand new cap on my coolant tank from bmw
      because that was the first thing I notice. When I
      squeeze the radiator hose when the car is cool to hot
      I can see the fluid spill back into the coolant tank.
      I know when the gauge says it is over heating you can
      grab the radiator hose and its hot but not know 120
      degree C.

      I was going to change the switches on my radiator for
      my aux fan but I am having a hard time finding the 2 I
      need. All the parts stores around here say I only
      have one. So I have to call the dealer up and see
      what they might be able to do for me.

      I am also going to try and flush the engine and
      radiator to make sure there is no build up. However I
      did that last year when I had the water pump changed.

      Its really strange.

      Scott