3573Re: [bmw e28] Need assistance with Overheating

  • david patterson
    May 3, 2005
      Hello Scott,

      One other thing on bleeding air out of the cooling system is run the engine at 2000RPM while
      opening the bleeder screw. You may just have a bad gauge possibly!

      Regards
      David

      scott Newe <newellsb@...> wrote:
      Hey Chris

      Right now it#8217;s just the gauge is saying it#8217;s over
      heating. It#8217;s always in the red. I am not losing any
      Coolant. I installed a new sensor and that didn#8217;t fix
      the problem. So I installed an aftermarket sensor and
      gauge and removed my thermostat and if I let the car
      idel for 5 minutes it says it puts the gauge in the
      red. I have opened the bleeder screw for 5 minutes
      and let the car run while putting more coolant in and
      all that comes out of there is liquid.

      When I did the spark plugs for my tune up they were in
      normal condition.

      I have a brand new cap on my coolant tank from bmw
      because that was the first thing I notice. When I
      squeeze the radiator hose when the car is cool to hot
      I can see the fluid spill back into the coolant tank.
      I know when the gauge says it is over heating you can
      grab the radiator hose and its hot but not know 120
      degree C.

      I was going to change the switches on my radiator for
      my aux fan but I am having a hard time finding the 2 I
      need. All the parts stores around here say I only
      have one. So I have to call the dealer up and see
      what they might be able to do for me.

      I am also going to try and flush the engine and
      radiator to make sure there is no build up. However I
      did that last year when I had the water pump changed.

      Its really strange.

      Scott