      From: bmwe28@... [mailto:bmwe28@...] On Behalf
      Of david patterson
      Sent: Sunday, May 08, 2005 2:15 AM
      To: bmwe28@...
      Subject: Re: [bmw e28] 535i, M535i, M5

      Hello Arny,

      The 535i and the M535i share the same engine 3430 cc 185 bhp @5400 RPM .The
      M5 has a
      3453 cc 286 bhp @6500 RPM.The M535i is merely a sheep in wolf
      clothing!Respectfully!

      David

      "Arny K." <arny@...> wrote:

      Hello,

      I was wondering, what are really the differences between those models? I
      know the main difference for the M5 is the S38 engine, and I know that
      M535i has SOMETHING from M-Power, but unsure what:)

      I have supposed that M535i might actually be M5 with an M30 engine, but I
      am very unsure of that; I liked the idea of having the M5's handling, and a
      regular "street engine"... So I'm mostly interested if M535i has suspension
      and brakes as M5 or as 535i, or something in between. How do these models
      compare in regard to handling and driveability?

      I was considering to maybe get a M535i, so I'm quite curious about it...

      Thanks,
      Arny
      '85. 528i

      _____