3594Re: [bmw e28] stalling

  • rufus d'bauchee
    May 11, 2005
      I had a problem with the mass air flow (MAF) sensor plug not being completely seated (pluged into) the air box, this made me have to rev it up way high to take off, I unpluggd it completely, and reattached it firmly and it went away. another time I found 1 of 2 other connectors in the engine compartment loose, causing the same problem, on the passanger side near the firewall, up high near the back of the intake manifold, I dint know what these 2 plugs do, but plastic ears that interlock busted on one end of one plug, and it made intermittant connection, and the car ran like ass... i reconnected these and taped 'em together and it made the stalling go away. hopefully it'll be an easy one for you.

      "Brian M. Armstrong" <barmstrong@...> wrote:everyone i need help. i have an 84 528e and it's stalling. when it
      is cold it will run on high idle then kick down like normal. but
      when i start it and go immediatly it idles really low and or stalls.
      generally when it warms up the problem goes away but lately that
      hasn't been fixing it.
      i have replaced everything in the fuel system, i.e. pumps, filter,
      regulator. and electrical as far as spark, i.e. plugs, wires, coil.
      please help i'm about to find a cliff and see if it flies!

      brian