3596Re: [bmw e28] stalling

  • Brian M. Armstrong
    May 12, 2005
      thanks everyone for responding, it has gotten worse. the last gas
      station to sell 93 just cut back to 91. the car is sputtering now. I
      will check what you suggested. i was wondering how the number 2 temp
      sensor would affect the idle/stalling? in any case i think that i'll
      be able to get it sorted out. for the MAF cover, is it necessary for
      it to be sealed. i tapped it and the black cover came off. i checked
      inside it and everything looks new. does this depend on a suction
      environment?

      tks again gents,

      brian

      p.s. i lost a k5 on the matanuska river trails in alaska for three
      days. ak will kill the manliest of vehicles.
      --- In bmwe28@..., rufus d'bauchee <otteronbass@y...>
      wrote:
      > I had a problem with the mass air flow (MAF) sensor plug not being
      completely seated (pluged into) the air box, this made me have to
      rev it up way high to take off, I unpluggd it completely, and
      reattached it firmly and it went away. another time I found 1 of
      2 other connectors in the engine compartment loose, causing the same
      problem, on the passanger side near the firewall, up high near the
      back of the intake manifold, I dint know what these 2 plugs do, but
      plastic ears that interlock busted on one end of one plug, and it
      made intermittant connection, and the car ran like ass... i
      reconnected these and taped 'em together and it made the stalling go
      away. hopefully it'll be an easy one for you.

      > "Brian M. Armstrong" <barmstrong@r...> wrote:everyone i need help.
      i have an 84 528e and it's stalling. when it
      > is cold it will run on high idle then kick down like normal. but
      > when i start it and go immediatly it idles really low and or
      stalls.
      > generally when it warms up the problem goes away but lately that
      > hasn't been fixing it.
      > i have replaced everything in the fuel system, i.e. pumps,
      filter,
      > regulator. and electrical as far as spark, i.e. plugs, wires, coil.
      > please help i'm about to find a cliff and see if it flies!
      >
      > brian

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Service.