3603Re: [bmw e28] rear subframe mount R&R

  • Eric Pommerer
    May 17, 2005
      Doug,
      When you say 'Bolt' are you referring to the pin?
      Is it even necessary to remove that in order to drop/pull the subframe bush?

      Steve,
      Did you have to lower the subframe free and clear of the pin or did
      you pull the pin in order to use your puller?

      Thanks,
      Eric

      On 5/16/05, Steve <s.a@...> wrote:
      > ...just wait till you try removing the bushings!
      > The reason I picked my first e28 up as cheap as I did, the passed owner was
      > quoted $900 cdn in labor + $100 in parts to change these bushings.
      > The first one, I cut and chiseled out after soaking the bolt with wurth's
      > rust-off.
      > The second, I used my new-gained wisdom and made a tool with ready-rod,
      > washers, nuts and short piece of steel tube which helped pull the bushing
      > right out.
      > The first side took approx 7 hours, the second side took 20 minutes.
      > Good Luck,
      > Steve
      > Canada
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic