      Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 18:03:23 -0700
      From: Steve <s.a@...>
      Subject: Re: <e28> rear subframe mount R&R

      ...just wait till you try removing the bushings!
      The reason I picked my first e28 up as cheap as I did, the passed owner was
      quoted $900 cdn in labor + $100 in parts to change these bushings.
      The first one, I cut and chiseled out after soaking the bolt with wurth's
      rust-off.
      The second, I used my new-gained wisdom and made a tool with ready-rod,
      washers, nuts and short piece of steel tube which helped pull the bushing
      right out.
      The first side took approx 7 hours, the second side took 20 minutes.
      Good Luck,
      Steve
      Canada
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic