3616[bmw e28] Re: will an m535i powerplant go into a 528e?

  • Scott Gamble
    May 19, 2005
      Actually from the very beginning the gameplans been to start with the
      suspension and brakes before ever touching powerplant stuff. And the
      thing is my suspension is in great shape - its just older.

      Can't tell you how often I've seen people amp up the powerplant and
      then cut corners on things like suspension and brakes. Just dumb if
      you ask me.

      I've got pics of that parts car, including motor
      http://blackcannon.org/gallery/album02

      Lots to do with the engine. Glad to hear it. Is there anything I can
      do with the transmission? I'm just kind of assembling my goodie list now.

      Thanks
      Scott Gamble
      1983 528e

      --- In bmwe28@..., david patterson <benznut450@y...> wrote:
      > Hey Scott,
      >
      > I also concur with Bob's information. If you want to bump up the
      ponies on your 528e,then
      > here are a few suggestions. A big bore throttle body,schrick
      camshaft and a multi throttle
      > intake system,aluminum flywheel and performance clutch
      kit,differential with 3:25-14%,
      > cold air box w/cone filter,EPROM chip in your ECU,free flow
      exhaust,extractors w/o2 hole,
      > adjustable fuel pressure regulator,titanium valve retainers and
      rocker arm retainers,oil cooler
      > kit,and 8mm plug wires.There is more and this just shows you that
      the engine can be highly
      > modified.
      >
      > If you add a turbo,invest in an copper head gasket.With all these
      mods you need to make sure
      > that your BMW brake system is upgraded also as you beef up the
      performance.Drilled/slotted
      > rotors and HIGH quality brake pads or if your money allows add a
      Brembo brake kit!Choice!
      > Bob can fill in the blanks if I have overlooked anything.
      >
      > David
      >
      > Scott Gamble <elephantjuice54@y...> wrote:
      > Thank you for your detailed response Bob
      >
      > Thats excellent news. Guess I'll have to find a mechanic whos less
      > interested in acquiring this motor from me than they are in installing
      > it. My next question was going to be how to find out for certain
      > which motor I've got but I just did and you are correct. It would
      > appear this is an American 535i. Which is still nothing to balk at
      IMO,

      http://www.analogx.com/cgi-bin/cgivin.exe?Mode=Decode&VIN=wbadc740xf0650696&Submit=Decode