3638Re: [bmw e28] rust, fenders and body...

  • Scott Gamble
    May 26, 2005
      Slightly off topic, I used to know a Vernon Trevelyan in Seattle...

      --- In bmwe28@..., "Chris Trevelyan" <ctrevelyan@t...>
      wrote:
      > With my Canadian 86 535i - almost all of the not too serious rust is
      located where undercoat/weatherproofing had been torn away or damaged
      (ie rusting from outside in, not inside out) - the one exception is my
      front PS fender - which was a replacement some time well before I
      owned her - and there is a nastly looking pocket of rust along the
      seam - I hate to think of what's growing underneath - my bodyman told
      me that this is due to the fact that it was not sealed properly - so I
      gathered that unless its done properly by real pros (and mine looks
      good otherwise), they can be a rust trap waiting to happen.

      > Regards,
      > Chris

      Service.