3664Re: [bmw e28] Temperature sensors

  • david patterson
    Jun 5, 2005
      It sounds more like you are experiencing leaking injectors! As it sets overnight,the rest pressure pushes the fuel into combustion chamber and when you fire it up the next day,there
      is an overabundance of fuel and the result is initial rich running that goes away after a few moments.Plus this is hell on your cat if applicable!

      David

      okareka12000 <okareka12000@...> wrote:
      G'day everyone,On the thermostat housing of my '82 520i there are 2
      sender units. One has just one electrics lead to it, the other has 2
      terminals and 4 leads. This one has a purple top, and more important
      corroded terminals ( blade type).I am picking that the first one is
      the sender unit for the gauge ( which reads ok), but does the second
      one have anything to do with cold starting or fuel system operation?
      Since my car has developed overfuelling/rich running a few seconds
      after staring from cold. This condition settles down as the
      temperature increases. That's why i am putting 2 and 2 together ( and
      making5?) Anybody help please. Dave NZ