3683Wheel issues?

  • Andrew W. Hill
    Jun 15, 2005
      I recently picked up a set of 16" Borbet Style H wheels with Kumho tyres. Since fitting them, I get a shudder in the steering wheel somewhere around 60mph. If I get up to 80 or 90 it lessens significantly. Under 40 is fine. When I bought the wheels, the dealership said that I needed hubcentric rings with these wheels. When I went to pick the wheels up, they said they were out of hubcentric rings (which they agreed to include gratis) and that their mechanic said the rings weren't necessary. He left a phone number with me saying to call if anything unusual happened. Well, at around 60mph, the travel at the top of the steering wheel is about an inch, so I called him, left messages, no response.
      Is the problem I'm having likely a result of not having the rings, or could my wheels just be unbalanced?
      Thanks
      Andrew

      Find the LOWEST PRICES on books at http://www.campusi.com !
      Check your SchoolEmail at http://www.campusi.com/email