      From: bmwe28@... [mailto:bmwe28@...] On Behalf
      Of Andrew W. Hill
      Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 4:37 PM
      To: bmwe28@...
      Subject: [bmw e28] Wheel issues?

      I recently picked up a set of 16" Borbet Style H wheels with Kumho tyres.
      Since fitting them, I get a shudder in the steering wheel somewhere around
      60mph. If I get up to 80 or 90 it lessens significantly. Under 40 is fine.
      When I bought the wheels, the dealership said that I needed hubcentric rings
      with these wheels. When I went to pick the wheels up, they said they were
      out of hubcentric rings (which they agreed to include gratis) and that their
      mechanic said the rings weren't necessary. He left a phone number with me
      saying to call if anything unusual happened. Well, at around 60mph, the
      travel at the top of the steering wheel is about an inch, so I called him,
      left messages, no response.
      Is the problem I'm having likely a result of not having the rings, or could
      my wheels just be unbalanced?
      Thanks
      Andrew