      From: Andrew W. Hill [mailto:jessicat@...]
      Sent: 15 June 2005 22:41
      To: bmwe28@...
      Subject: [bmw e28] Wheel issues?

      I recently picked up a set of 16" Borbet Style H wheels with Kumho
      tyres. Since fitting them, I get a shudder in the steering wheel
      somewhere around 60mph. If I get up to 80 or 90 it lessens
      significantly. Under 40 is fine. When I bought the wheels, the
      dealership said that I needed hubcentric rings with these wheels. When
      I went to pick the wheels up, they said they were out of hubcentric
      rings (which they agreed to include gratis) and that their mechanic said
      the rings weren't necessary. He left a phone number with me saying to
      call if anything unusual happened. Well, at around 60mph, the travel at
      the top of the steering wheel is about an inch, so I called him, left
      messages, no response.
      Is the problem I'm having likely a result of not having the rings, or
      could my wheels just be unbalanced?
      Thanks
      Andrew

      _____