3693Re: leaky trunk

  • jim845034
    Jun 17, 2005
      Hi - the mystery "my trunk is always wet inside": two things;

      first - if you park on a slope and open the trunk after it has been
      raining then water will drop straight out of the gutter around the
      trunk opening into the trunk. Poor design - always park facing up
      the hill !

      second - there is a micro climate in the trunk; rather like
      condensation on your house windows when water runs down the windows
      under certain conditions. Because the volume of the trunk is so
      large you can get quite a lot of water from out the atmosphere
      deposited in there.

      My 1955 Rover 90 has really bad seals so good air circulation - and
      has never had any condensation and is always dry.

      Hope this answers the query

      Jim Butterworth 1984 528i SE auto

      --- In bmwe28@..., dale antonio <mrktace@y...> wrote:
      > I love my e28. but im having a problem solving the
      > mysterious moisture im geting in the trunk
      > compartment. i have checked the rubber seal,
      > reinforced it with silicon sealer but im still geting
      > wet. i wonder where its coming from. any sugestions
      > guys. tnx.

      > Discover Yahoo!
      > Get on-the-go sports scores, stock quotes, news and more. Check it
      out!
      > http://discover.yahoo.com/mobile.html
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic