3712Re: [bmw e28] Distributor Rotor converter

  • calmloki
    Jun 29, 2005
      Dana,
      Truly, not to be mean or rude, but:

      Trust your allies. You have a private mechanic who is doing what he
      believes to be best for you and your car. If you know better than
      him you should fix your own car. Oh, that's right, you did try to
      do so and then had to go to him to fix your problems. Maybe after
      he does this repair you should shop for a mechanic who is more eager
      to take your money or let your current mechanic know that you are
      hot to do repairs that exceed his notion of what is cost effective.

      Tom, an ex-private shop owner who tried not to waste peoples money
      on non cost effective repairs of old cars that were not worth the
      investment.

      --- In bmwe28@..., "agentmidnight"
      <agentmidnight@v...> wrote:
      > Hello,
      > Recently I was doing a tune up on one of my BMWS a 1984 325e
      (same engine
      > by the way as my 528e ;-) )
      >
      > All was going perfectly smooth until three little hex bolts on the
      rotor of
      > the distributor were extremely over tightened. I was able to get
      two off
      > after over an hour with someone else's help uses special tools.
      However

      www.bavauto.com and
      > they never heard of that part he they sell every thing BMW.
      > Well I found out what it is BUT how it works exactly is only a
      guess.
      > Does any one know what or how this adapter work, how it makes the
      rotor work
      > when a bolt is broke in the threading?
      >
      > I tried talking to the mechanic but he got very defensive and
      rude, as if I
      > hurt the car and was "mean to it". He tried to say it was not
      from the
      > prior person over tightening it but because of something I did and
      blames it
      > all on me. Hes like all mad and complaining that its my fault and
      now he
      > has to do what it takes to fix it. I was ready to tell him off
      but kept my
      > cool as I need the car back in one piece(grin).
      > The guy is always trying to save us money by not doing stuff the
      car needs.
      > Last month we said the car is hard to start should you do a tune
      up, how was
      > it for you running? "oh it was fine for me, don't worry about it".
      > His thought is nice but some times he needs to just focus on
      fixing what's
      > broken and let me pay him so he can make money for his family.
      What a new
      > concept(GRIN) just joking.
      > Thanks for hearing me out,
      > -Dana
      > P.s. This guy is a dedicated private BMW/MINI repair shop.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic