3773Re: clutch replace

  • calmloki
    Jul 23, 2005
      Have you lowered the rear of the transmission and are you using
      several long wobbly extensions? I agree. A bear.
      Tom

      --- In bmwe28@..., rufus d'bauchee <otteronbass@y...>
      wrote:
      > I'm in the middle of replaceing the clutch on a 1984 528e.
      > it just plain sucks.
      > the top bolts (E16 reverse torx) are IMPOSSIBLE.
      > One of the 2 bolts THRU bolting the starter to the engine and
      tranny required me to buy a 17mm flare nut wrench and grind it down
      to fit on the damn thing.
      > I will make a full post when I'm done and give out any insght I
      picked up (and there is ALOT).
      > I'm down to the last 1 E16 torx at the very top, and I decided to
      buy an additional socket (which meant a 9pc. set) and welding a
      wrench to the side of it at an angle to reach it from the top, after
      removing all the heater hoses and vacuum hoses to access it.