3778Re: [bmw e28] Faulty Odometer

  • Ron Kall
    Jul 26, 2005
      I just had the same problem on my 1986 528e.
      Check the past posts. There is a gear that
      breaks. I suppose that it is behind the guages.
      I am just letting mine go for the time being.
      I am not sure what the benefit is to fixing it.
      I track my miles via log now so I know when it
      is time to change the oil et al.

      Let me know what you find out.

      --- "Andrew W. Hill" <jessicat@...> wrote:

      > My 1986 535i has a stopped odometer, but the spedometer works just
      > fine. I hear there's a plastic sprocket that might have gone for a
      > walk? Where can I get a replacement? Is the repair tricky?
      > Thanks!
      > Andrew

      Ron Kall
      Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730