3780Re: [bmw e28] Faulty Odometer

  • chris insalaco
    Jul 26, 2005
      Ron,
      Bavarian autosport carries the plastic gears. I have an 83 528e that is running an 81 733 speedometer while the original sits and waits for repair. Whoever fixes first reports first. Also my "inspection" light is always on, any ideas?

      Thanks, Chris

      Ron Kall <ronjkall@...> wrote:
      I just had the same problem on my 1986 528e.
      Check the past posts. There is a gear that
      breaks. I suppose that it is behind the guages.
      I am just letting mine go for the time being.
      I am not sure what the benefit is to fixing it.
      I track my miles via log now so I know when it
      is time to change the oil et al.

      Let me know what you find out.

      --- "Andrew W. Hill" <jessicat@...> wrote:

      > My 1986 535i has a stopped odometer, but the spedometer works just
      > fine. I hear there's a plastic sprocket that might have gone for a
      > walk? Where can I get a replacement? Is the repair tricky?
      > Thanks!
      > Andrew

      Ron Kall
      Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730