3808Re: [bmw e28] Faulty Odometer

  • tvanheirseele
    Aug 23, 2005
      I know there are lots of 5 series BMW's around here in the states
      which are "for parts" and you could get another gauge cluster
      to swap speedo heads with. I myself have a spare that has a bad
      "S.I." board in it. It's not right for a european version, but is U.S.
      It is very easy to pull a cluster out of a car.... I could offer it
      up if you could use it...

      --- In bmwe28@..., Ron Kall <ronjkall@y...> wrote:
      > I just had the same problem on my 1986 528e.
      > Check the past posts. There is a gear that
      > breaks. I suppose that it is behind the guages.
      > I am just letting mine go for the time being.
      > I am not sure what the benefit is to fixing it.
      > I track my miles via log now so I know when it
      > is time to change the oil et al.
      >
      > Let me know what you find out.
      >

      > --- "Andrew W. Hill" <jessicat@j...> wrote:
      >
      > > My 1986 535i has a stopped odometer, but the spedometer works
      just
      > > fine. I hear there's a plastic sprocket that might have gone for
      > > walk? Where can I get a replacement? Is the repair tricky?
      > > Thanks!
      > > Andrew
      > >

      > Ron Kall
      > Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730