3820RE: [bmw e28] RE: Anyone Have Any Info On Swapping An M21 Into An E30?

  • chris insalaco
    Aug 26, 2005
      dave ruiz <daveruiz50@...> wrote:
      When I die, I want to die like my grandfather-- who died peacefully in
      his sleep.
      Not screaming like all the passengers in his car."
      --Author Unknown

      Dave,

      I used to do tht joke in my standup act. It was for my grandfather who, still alive at the time, always had passengers wanting to scream if they didn't. He was habitually +20MPH on the posted limit in his 84' Cutlass Supreme (rear wheel drive) and raced gokarts into his eighties(competitively). From the back seat I learned to watch front seat passengers reach nervously for the armrest as traffic tightened and speed continued. Quite a gentleman, I blame him for all my driving habits and enjoyment. Carrying on the tradition it is my passengers that occasionally reach for the arm rest.

      On the 324td, why not just build the e28, it doesn't weigh that much more than an e30. I recall my 82' and 83 528e cars are listed at 2932lbs and an e30 325i was 2780lbs. Totally shocked, I wonder if these figures are accurate?

      277k miles, wrist pin rattle, 5 speed eta, Chris