3826Re: [bmw e28] petrol smell and gearbox noise

  • Darrell Davis
    Aug 27, 2005
      i have run across the same problem, it was the small
      connector hose from the rail fuel pump and the large
      filter on a u.s. model, i think when the car is shut
      down, the pressure that builds up backs up and causes
      the fuel to seep out there. take a look and see if
      there is a dirty shellack looking film around the
      pump... good luck.