3849Re: [bmw e28] Auxiliary air valve and idle speed

  • tim hardin
    Sep 7, 2005
      was the replacement valve new?
      if not I have another that i will send you for postage only( used) you could try it.
      be in touch...
      Damion
      e28 m5

      "Arny K." <arny@...> wrote:

      Hello all,

      I'm confused by the functioning of the auxiliary air valve on my 528i. AFAIK, my previous valve did not function at all, so we have replaced it with another. However, it still doesn't work as I'd expect - from what I know, both carburetted engines with choke and motronic controlled engines work with higher idle speed when cold, but this is not the case with my engine. It works on the same or more often lower RPM when cold.

      I've checked how much the valve is open, and found out that it is barely cracked open. The environmental temperature is still high though, but I'd still expect it to open more when the engine is cold.

      Could someone give me some advice about how much should the valve be open, and should the idle be higher when cold and if so, by how much?