3889RE: [bmw e28] Hi beam Lo beam switching on its own

  • Blake Nancarrow
    Sep 28, 2005
      On Wednesday 28 September 2005 1:48 PM, tim hardin
      wrote:
      > relay.

      For the last couple of Canadian winters, I was having
      a nagging relay problem. Driving along and all of a
      sudden the car dies. After some fiddling, I found it
      to be the fuel relay. I'd remove it, scrap the crude
      off the contacts, try to blow the goop out of the fuse
      box, reinstall, and fire it up.

      As impressed as I am with BMW design, I think the fuse
      box and relay layout in our cars sucks! Very
      susceptible to the environment, not to mention the
      heat-cycling from the motor. Good 'ole Bosch
      electronics too!

      At some point, I'm going to replace the half-melted
      box with a new one.

      So try changing the relays before disassembling the
      steering column...

      cheers,
      Blake

      88 E30 M3 diamond black, steel brake lines,
      performance pads and rotors, Raven DTM exhaust,
      loaner starter motor, Willz.ca S14 stock motor
      84 E28 528e sapphire blue, shocks, sway bars, K&N
      air filter, limited-slip, steel brake lines, new
      starter, cool starter button just like an S2000!
      84 E28 528e rusty brown, pushing up daisies
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic