3898funny noise of the moment

  • Guy DiCesare
    Oct 3, 2005
      Hi everyone. Have had a problem with a shrieking noise
      when coming off the clutch from stop into first gear.
      Only happens when I'm starting off. Was told this
      could be the throwout bearing. Yesterday, car (88
      535is) started with squealing at idle which can be
      made worse by partially depressing the clutch. Clutch
      feels very strong, however. First: is this condition
      something I can drive on for a while or am I risking
      sudden failure. Also, if it is time for the clutch,
      can you recommend other things that should be done as
      long as the clutch is being done (I understand there's
      a lot of work involved just accessing this clutch)?
      Thanks for your help-Guy