3907RE: [bmw e28] Brake warning light?
- Oct 7, 2005Classic symptoms of a failing brake accumulator aka brake bomb. 64.00 part.
Not too difficult
From: bmwe28@... [mailto:bmwe28@...] On Behalf
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2005 11:41 AM
Subject: [bmw e28] Brake warning light?
I have an '84 528i, recently the brake warning light has appeared. It's the
symbol next to
the park/handbrake warning light.
According to the owners manual it suggests a problem with the split circuit
hinting at a malfunction with either the braking or power steering systems.
When driving after a few miles the light appears, if you turn the steering
wheel or brake, it
disappears, basically it is only on when driven in a straight line not
When I brake the pedal travels the first inch, nothing happens then all the
bite! this is a little disconcerting, as I fear death is never far away!
Other than suggesting I drive in a straight line and not brake! Can anyone
point me in the
direction to start looking?
Many thanks for reading this, Gary
To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Yahoo! Groups Links
* To visit your group on the web, go to:
* To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
* Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>