3909RE: [bmw e28] Brake warning light? Brake accumulator, Master Cylinder

  • gary edmonds
    Oct 7, 2005
      Thanks for replying guys,
      Had an inspection 2 completed last year 7,000 miles
      ago brake and power steering fluid both changed for
      fresh, not sure the brakes have been bled, should they
      have been at the time the fluid was renewed?
      Would air in the system account for both the intial
      lack of braking and the warning light?
      Thanks for your time again guys.
      Gary.
      '84 528i auto.

      --- Blake Nancarrow <blaken@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      On Friday 7 October 2005 11:57 AM, Gil Thereault
      wrote:
      > If you have not bled the brakes in the past couple
      of years, this must be
      > done.

      Brake bleeding is a two-person job without special
      tools; a one-person job if you have a pressure
      "bleeder." I have to bleed my brakes regularly as I
      track my car. With the Bavarian Autosport pressure
      system it takes me 20 to 30 minutes, including getting

      the car in the air and the wheels off.

      cheers,
      Blake

      Terms of Service.