3933Re: 88 535is rough idle

  • Robert Allan
    Oct 29, 2005
      Hey you might want to look at your fuel pressure regulator, if the
      fuel pump is whining a bit it could be that, I too have this problem
      and it seems to be surge at random times when the car has warmed up
      , I replaced the idle control valve and the fuel pressure regulator
      but still haven't really fixed it. What the hell is a "silver
      looking air dam" doing in the engine bay?, i thought air dams were
      aero part at the front of a car. lol

      actually i removed the connector for the ICV this afternoon and
      nothing happened to the idle speed does this mean the control unit
      for the idle is stuffed, I have an 1982 528i (m30B28 engine).
      --- In bmwe28@..., andrew graham <thelast_graham@y...>
      wrote:
      > i think the "rough idle" could be caused by a hole (leak) infront
      of the airflow sencer behind the silver looking air dam in the
      intake system..... (silver looking air dam -dont know real part
      name) that is the problem with my 87 535is right now......i just
      duck taped it for now....until i get a new one.... the new part
      costs $40 from dealer.... -andrew

      > guydicesare2000 <guydicesare2000@y...> wrote:
      > Hey there. this is my first post. have 88 535is. ran very rough,
      > stalls when stopping when it's hot and when AC is on. replaced
      idle
      > air stabilizer, didn't work. mechanic did something to air intake
      > that took 30 seconds, then told me it was a means to an end but
      > wasn't "good" OR "right" any ideas re: a real solution ?(i.e. the
      > correct fix?)alves, plugs, wires, cap, plugs are new and OEM.Any
      > info would be appreciated. I've spent a RIDICULOUS amount of cash
      on
      > this already. Also, anyone have a line on a new spoiler, new
      > aluminum window moulding (at a reasonable price) and other parts?
      > Thanks. Guy D

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Service.