3935Re: [bmw e28] Re: 88 535is rough idle

  • Frances Camara
    Oct 29, 2005
      Hay,
      yeah your right it is my air flow senser.
      i've been everywhere trying to find out why my 85 520i continuously cuts out on me whilst driving and has an extremly rough idle.
      Bascically i was told its my air flow senser and because i have vacum hose leaks.that doesnt help.
      thanks for the help,i might try the duck tape for know untill i buy one,i'm probally getting one this thursday but its going to cost me $180,its expensive in australia to buy parts.
      takecare
      chao

      Robert Allan <robertmichael.allan@...> wrote:
      Hey you might want to look at your fuel pressure regulator, if the
      fuel pump is whining a bit it could be that, I too have this problem
      and it seems to be surge at random times when the car has warmed up
      , I replaced the idle control valve and the fuel pressure regulator
      but still haven't really fixed it. What the hell is a "silver
      looking air dam" doing in the engine bay?, i thought air dams were
      aero part at the front of a car. lol

      actually i removed the connector for the ICV this afternoon and
      nothing happened to the idle speed does this mean the control unit
      for the idle is stuffed, I have an 1982 528i (m30B28 engine).
      --- In bmwe28@..., andrew graham <thelast_graham@y...>
      wrote:
      > i think the "rough idle" could be caused by a hole (leak) infront
      of the airflow sencer behind the silver looking air dam in the
      intake system..... (silver looking air dam -dont know real part
      name) that is the problem with my 87 535is right now......i just
      duck taped it for now....until i get a new one.... the new part
      costs $40 from dealer.... -andrew

      > guydicesare2000 <guydicesare2000@y...> wrote:
      > Hey there. this is my first post. have 88 535is. ran very rough,
      > stalls when stopping when it's hot and when AC is on. replaced
      idle
      > air stabilizer, didn't work. mechanic did something to air intake
      > that took 30 seconds, then told me it was a means to an end but
      > wasn't "good" OR "right" any ideas re: a real solution ?(i.e. the
      > correct fix?)alves, plugs, wires, cap, plugs are new and OEM.Any
      > info would be appreciated. I've spent a RIDICULOUS amount of cash
      on
      > this already. Also, anyone have a line on a new spoiler, new
      > aluminum window moulding (at a reasonable price) and other parts?
      > Thanks. Guy D

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Service.