3950Re: [bmw e28] Bavarian autos performance chips

  • Robert Allan
    Oct 30, 2005
      I haven't heard anything about there chips, but i can say that for
      the e28 performance chips do work usually better than the stock, and
      its claimed to get an extra 20 hp from the 535i with some, however i
      think it'd be better to look into other chips besides bav autos
      haven't really heard much about these chips at all.
      --- In bmwe28@..., Frances Camara <babybima@y...>
      wrote:
      > Hay,
      > to be quite honest i'm not sure if they do work?
      > and even if they do work i'm not sure if it would make a big
      improvement to performance to your car.
      > inregards to the new exhaust system and k&n airfilter that's a
      smart move to improve performance on your car.
      > inregards to the imac mirror,got no clue maybe www.ebay.com.au,
      > maybe they'll have something your after.
      > goodluck with the performance of the car.
      > takecare
      > chao
      >
      > martin walker <martinbm28@y...> wrote:
      >
      > Can anyone tell me if they have bought and installed
      > any of these and really seen significant benefits.If
      > so what were they?
      >
      > What's the word!
      >
      > Any performance benefits to recommend in general.
      >
      > I have new exhaust system & just putting K&N air flow
      > induction kit on.
      >
      > Still looking for taillights if anyone can get their
      > hands on them or direct me to someone who might have
      > them.
      >
      > Anyone know where I can get an immaculate genuine
      > replacement windshield internal mirror.?
      >

      > --- Doug Dykaar <ddykaar@r...> wrote:
      >

      > ---------------------------------
      > Larry, et al.,
      >
      > While the tranny was out, I had a friend machine
      > bronze bushings to replace
      > the worn out plastic crap the factory used. I removed
      > the whole assembly and
      > left it with the machinist.
      >
      > Mine was definately the throwout bearing. Only made
      > noise when the pedal was
      > depressed, even in neutral. The bearing was not
      > sealed, so no surprise it
      > failed first. plenty of material left on the clutch
      > plate, so the bearing is
      > a poor match for the rest of the parts. Feh.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Doug
      >
      > 86 951
      > http://www.pcaucr.org/pcaucr/forum/post.jsp?postid=2393