3965RE: [bmw e28] Bavarian autos performance chips

  • martin walker
    2 Nov 10:16
      Bob, thanks for the comments.
      Do you have actual improvement numbers on the JC that
      you could define or how did you see this difference?

      Do you suggest I dont put K&N filter on .Would you
      leave as is or put something else on?

      appreciate your view

      --- Bob Sutterfield <bob@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      martin walker wrote:
      > Can anyone tell me if they have bought and installed
      > any of these and really seen significant benefits.If
      > so what were they?
      > Any performance benefits to recommend in general.

      The chip sold by http://bavauto.com is from some other
      tuner, with BavAuto's
      label. It likely performs as advertised. In the US
      market, the two major
      reputable chipmakers are Jim Conforti (sold by
      <http://sharked.com> and
      <http://turnermotorsport.com>) and Mark D'Sylva
      <http://dsylva-tech.ca>. I
      have been delighted with the results of JC chips on
      three BMWs so far,
      including my 535iS.

      Whatever you do, avoid an "eBay chip". If it was made
      by a reputable tuner,
      it's a pirated ripoff copy and a violation of the
      tuner's intellectual
      property rights. If it wasn't made by a reputable
      tuner, you have no way to
      know it won't grenade your engine.

      > I have new exhaust system & just putting K&N
      > air flow induction kit on.

      These change the sound of your car but they won't add
      any horsepower to an
      engine with the stock head. Some aftermarket exhaust
      systems weigh less
      than stock, so the benefit is there's less mass to
      accelerate. It's cheaper
      to go on a diet. Be careful with K&N oiled gauze
      filters: They pass more
      particulates (thus permitting more engine damage)
      through their entire life
      cycle, and they flow less air when they're dirty.
      --
      Bob Sutterfield
      '88 E28 535iS lachssilber-met (ex)

      Terms of Service.