3968Re: [bmw e28] Re: 88 535is rough idle

  • Guy DiCesare
    4 Nov 20:42
      HI everyone. I'm just about done with my 88 535is.
      I've replaced SO much on this car and it still idles
      badly. Can someone help cut through the murk? .... OK.
      I've replaced fuel pressure regulator, idle air
      stabilizer, auxiliary fuel pump and have tuned it. Now
      the mechanic states "attempted to adjust idle CO
      mixture-screw was completely unresponsive-probable bad
      airflow meter". NOW: I have disconnected the new
      idle air stabilizer and the RPM's did NOT change
      although my chilton manual says it should increase RPM
      to around 2000. is the new idle air stabilizer no
      good? Can you enlighten me (in layman's terms) as to
      what the problem might be , how to check and how to
      fix it? I've given this car everything I have and it
      still runs rough and misses . Please advise, and
      thanks in advance for your help. Guy

      http://farechase.yahoo.com
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic