3972Re: [bmw e28] Re: sunroof drains, Heat problem

  • tim hardin
    6 Nov 13:29
      the sunroof drains out the side vents located behind the rear seat side windows on the exteriour of the car. use a coat hanger with a single layer of duct tape applyied to the whole length of it to prevent paint damage and very carefully go in from the vents. pull frequently looking for evidence of decomposing leafy matter. use water from the roof gutters to flush the material out with the help of the hanger to get an exit path re- established. repeat until the water runns clear. heat....if the heat works at a stop light and then cools as you go down the road in cool weather, then your fresh air inlets are not closing properly. i do not know the proper fix, but a practical one is to duct tape the inlets area located on the firewall both left and right. note....this also work if you get hot air coming in during hot days....canceling out the ac effectivness, the hot air comes in through the defroster vents. taping off the inlets will render fresh air functions on the ventalation system
      useless.

      Guy DiCesare <guydicesare2000@...> wrote:Hi everyone. Next on the list is a blocked sunroof
      drain (any suggestions as to how to clear this?) and
      heat that's warm sometimes (rarely, actually) and
      lukewarm most of the time. Any thoughts on what's
      causing this? Also, can you recommend a beter repair
      manual than Chilton? It's pretty incomplete. Thanks in
      advance, Guy

      === message truncated ===