3983Re: e34 suspension problem

  • Robert Allan
    9 Nov 14:02
      yeah i thought initially that it was the tyres, but then it only
      happens when i am turning in the left direction so i am hoping is is
      just the tyres, the car doesn't have any shimmy or tramlining so i
      am guessing that it can't be the thurst control arm (i think thats
      the lower control arm). i'll will have to check the tyre pressures.
      its just road noise really i can't really explain it any better than
      that. but it increases as i turn left but that doesn't seem to
      happen when i turn right, it is noticable at 60 km/h speed but very
      noticeable at 120 km/h (which i have never done because i am a law
      abiding citizen ;-) )

      --- In bmwe28@..., Roderick Tuason <rtuason@p...>
      wrote:
      > Can you go into detail on the noise??? It can be as simple as the
      tires....I went from 205 60 15 tires to 225 45 17 tires and had
      significant road noise due to the tire and wheel upgrade...keep in
      mind the 17 tire's have a stiffer sidewall

      > Robert Allan <robertmichael.allan@g...> wrote:
      > hello everyone
      > i know this isn't an e34 forum but i figured since the front
      > suspension is almost identical to the e28 then someone on this
      forum
      > should have an idea. I just bought a 92 525i and its pretty good i
      > just noticed that road noise dramatically increases when i the
      wheel
      > left of centre, but the same thing does not happen when i turn
      right.
      > I was thinking that it was a worn control arm bush or a worn bush
      in
      > the steering arm. any other ideas? and the car rides on r17/45
      235s :-)

      Service.