3995Re: 535is over heating problem

  • greg_collen
    11 Nov 20:33
      you need to check several things. it may not be the coolant. check
      the v belt, you checked the thermostat, auxillary fan may not be
      working. You need a bentley manual. If your trouble shooting you
      don't need to have coolant in it.(not for driving just testing while
      the car is sitting) Just make sure its full of water. Once you figure
      out the problem, drain it and replace with 50% coolant and 50%
      antifreeze, non phosphate kind only.

      --- In bmwe28@..., "Samuel Cochran" <scochran426@h...>
      wrote:

      > My 535is is over heating. When this happens all of the coolant
      spits out of
      > the expansion tank and I'm left with a car thats getting way too
      hot. I have
      > replaced the Thermostat cause I thought that was the problem, but
      upon
      > replacing that, it did the same thing. I also thought it could have
      been
      > that there was air in the system but even when I think I have let
      all of the
      > air out of the bleeder valve, it still happens. Could it be that I
      am not
      > getting all of the air out? Does anyone have further suggestions as
      to how I
      > can fix this problem.
      > Thanks for any help you can give...
      > Sam