4015Power problems with my 1985 (C Reg) 520i

  • graham_e28
    23 Nov 14:13
      Hi, I'm new to your site and hope some of you may have some
      suggestions. My 1985 (C reg) 520i will no longer go above 2500 rpm in
      any gear or when revved stationary. I have had a diagnostic done on
      the ECU but am told all is well. It has been suggested that one of the
      sensors has failed and the ECU has automatically entered mid range
      figures for its output and gone into 'LOS' mode to prevent the engine
      from being damaged - however, I cannot find anything about this in any
      of the manuals available to me, and it's getting embarrassing only
      being able to do 65mph on the motorway!

      Any ideas? The ECU is the early L-Jetronic and I gather the
      diagnostics do not extend to the sensors as with later models. Thanks
      in advance. G