4028Car problems.

  • atmimp
    Dec 6, 2005
      Just read all these posts about some BMWs not revving as high as thay
      should, nourmaly its down to the cap/rotor/leads, but this is not
      always the case.
      sometimes, if its got an auto gearbox that NEEDS its fluid
      canging,it too can give similar problems, with what seems to be 'flat
      spots' when accelerating.
      Normally it'll feel slow and clunky changing up, holding onto gears
      too long, or getting stuck in top gear.(Very scary I can tell you!!!!)

      Its only a thought, people seem to forget that ATF fluid should be
      changed at least every 3/4 years.(or any gearbox oil for that matter)
      Changed my fluid last weekend, and for the £9 it cost me (for 5
      liters!) It has made a masive diference to the way the car drives.
      I just wish i'd done it when i first got the car.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic