4034Re: [bmw e28] 528e no gear selection

  • Frances Camara
    Dec 8, 2005
      Hay,
      How are you?
      I had the exact same problem except i got stuck on a set of lights on a main road.
      My 520i 85 model got towed to my mechanic, basically my selecter cable snapped and i got it replaced and it was fine.
      Takecare
      Chao

      skyfly44kk <skyfly44kk@...> wrote:
      88 528e went out to start this morning, kicked over as usual.Put the
      gear selector in gear, wont move. Tried all gears just sits there.
      anyone have an idea?transmission was rebuilt at bmw repair shop about
      18 months ago.Running fine until this morning. anyone with
      experience ,expertise, his type of problem, let me borrow some of your
      talent.
      jim