4038Re: [bmw e28] 528e acting up on start ups and on the expressway...

  • Ron Kall
    Dec 11, 2005
      Joel,

      Do you want my old cap and rotor,
      1993 325iC, E30 with M20 engine.
      She ran fine before the new ones
      I installed when I did the water
      pump and t-belt. See if they will
      work by going to the sites and seeing
      the OEM part numbers?

      Ron

      --- purplehead2002 <purplehead2002@...> wrote:

      > Hi guys!,
      >
      > I just wanted to thank all of you for lending your insight on
      > the matter. Here is some information for of you as it might help
      > you later on. The fuel filter was not the problem along with the
      > fine mesh filter in the tank as I verified them. I looked for vacume
      > (?) leaks on the intake rubber bellow and none. Hmmhhhhh, I
      > thought???????
      > Well come to find out, I took off the distributor cap and found
      > that the contact towers were very dirty and pitted. The rotor on
      > its tip was dirty too. I ended up cleaning the contact towers with
      > a fine file along with the rotor. I put it all back together and
      > the car did not start, actually it was now worse!
      > My logic leads me to think that the spacing between the tip of
      > the rotor and the 6 contact towers is now making the spark having to
      > jump greater now after not having and carbon matter which did help
      > either.
      > The car does not start now but I know for sure that I have to
      > buy a cap and rotor as what is currently on is very jaded and most
      > likely the root of the problems that I was having.
      >
      > Sincerely and Thank you all,
      >
      > Joel T. Gonzalez
      > San Antonio, TX.

      Ron Kall