4059Re: [bmw e28] Power problems with 1985 (C Reg) 520i

  • Andrew W. Hill
    Dec 14, 2005
      >Any suggestions welcome from those more experienced with these
      >wonderful but frustrating beats,I posted before on 23 Nov 05 (message
      >4015) but no responses ( probably you're all as confused as I am )

      I certainly have no idea, but assuming the wires all look fine I might try yanking a whole ecu from a junkyard. Expensive though. Have you inspected the ECU for nasties? Shorts. opens etc? The rpm line's probably pwm, so youd need a scope to check that...

      Good luck

      Andrew

      Find the LOWEST PRICES on books at http://www.campusi.com !
      Check your SchoolEmail at http://www.campusi.com/email