4113Re: [bmw e28] Power problems with 1985 (C Reg) 520i

  • goldsoul2003
    Jan 14, 2006
      I've got exactly the same problem as you. 1985 "c" reg 520i n i can't
      get over 70mph. Just suddenly happened whilst driving. Feels like i'm
      only running on 3 cylinders instead of 6 even tho it idles fine at
      running temperature.

      I've done a vacuum check on the inlet manifold & I have found that I
      have got very little vacuum working through the inlet manifold
      itself. So the cars working with normal fuel levels but with very
      little air. Therefore using a very rich mixture & flooding the
      engine. Sounds like I have a split air pipe somewhere around the
      throttle housing.

      I'll let you know what my fault was when its sorted.