4115RE: [bmw e28] No Check Engine Light on 1988 535is

  • Blake Nancarrow
    Jan 15, 2006
      On Saturday 14 January 2006 12:29 PM, bassfishman
      wrote:
      > So I went to my nearest dealer and talked to the
      service manager who
      > looked up the electrical diagrams based on the date
      of manufacture
      > of my car (4/87 even though its called an '88). He
      confirmed that
      > this car does not have a Check Engine Light and made
      copies of the
      > applicable pages for me along with the cover page of
      the manual.

      I wonder if a lot of people confuse the CHECK light
      with a CHECK ENGINE Light.

      It is true that old bimmers do not have Check Engine
      lights. But our old cars (my two 84 528e and my 88 M3)
      have a Check light which means, check the status panel
      (in the ceiling) for more detail...

      regards,
      Blake