4140Re: [bmw e28] Start up probelms

  • william ripley
    Jan 31, 2006
      ALAN

      I HAD SOME ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS RECENTLY. CAR JUST
      STALLED , SPUTTERED ECT. JUST BEFORE THE CIRCUT WITH
      THE RADIO AND THE SPEEDOMETER WENT DOWN.I CHECKED THE
      ALTERNATOR ( JUST BOUGGHT THE CAR LAST YEAR ) AND IT
      LOOKED OK. HAD TO REPLACE THE FUSE BOX. OTHER GOHSTS
      IN THE MACHIONE AS WELL, BUT BY REPLACING THE FUSE BOX
      ALL THE GOHSTS WENT AWAY. BUT JUST BEFORE THE CAR WENT
      DOWN DID ( BY THE SOUNDS OF IT )THE SAME THING YOURS
      DID KINDA SPUTERED A FEW TIMES AND WENT DEAD.
      ELECTRICAL IS A BITCH DUDE. IF YOU CAN CHECK
      UNDERNEATH THE FUSE BOX ( A COUPLE SCREWS ON THE FACE
      OF THE FUSE BOX AND LOOSENEING UP THE MAIN LINES YOU
      CAN SEE IF THERE IS ANY CORROSION ECT.

      GOOD LUCK

      Bill Ripley

      bilripley@...